Sunday, October 24, 2010

Update on us

Good Sunday Morning! Well, it has been a while since my last post...so, to fill you in...

We have been so busy with paperwork and trying to get everything together for our upcoming "trip". However, during this process...the day before my birthday...my uncle died. This was very heartbreaking to my entire family. Little did I know what was to come...After thinking long and hard, I decided not to go for the memorial service. I felt horrible for not going!

My birthday was there and gone...without notice...hubby still gone...but life goes on...Then, October rolls around...All is well in the world or so one would think! 10-10-10....My grandpa died...that took my heart all the way out...and a lot of my soul...during this time I had a LOT to focus on...I saw how my Mom reacted...my Uncle...and...my Granny. I know, now, I have to change several things in my life. My Dad is gone...so that is part of my past...but I see how my Granny reacted...and how "lost" she seemed. I saw how my aunt was reacting...it was like reliving her husbands service...but somehow, she was fantastic...my aunt talked to me about how I was living my life. How many friends/girlfriends, clubs, groups...what were the things I am involved with/in? She advised...before it's too late...branch out...get involved...take care of myself...or I will not be able to take care of others...This hit me like a ton of brink! So...as with all advise...I tucked it in the back of my mind for further use...

After my Papa's funeral, we headed home...This was Thursday...we were on our way home...around lunchtime we get a phone call...YEAH!!! Our SDA date is NOV 1!!! I can not believe it...20 minutes later...we get another call...my MIL has had a stroke...FIL is very upset understandably! Then, I find out my precious Anne Marie went to be with Jesus...even though she wasn't mine...she had a special place in my heart! So, we finally get home and sleep for a few hours, then head to the hospital...Remarkably she is doing great! She does have some issues, but with therapy...all will be well...we leave the hospital...go to eat...immediately after lunch...I get OMG sick! Sick all night...get up Saturday morning...SICK! Had some other things going on...hubby says...that's it...we are going to ER...they can't get an iv started, so they stick my foot...22g butterfly in the foot! I get shipped to another hospital...ICU team couldn't get an iv started, still running fluids through my foot...Sunday they finally get a team from "specials" to start an iv in my upper arm using an ultra sound to get the vein! Upped my fluids and I started feeling better...I get out Monday morning...MIL also discharged...the whole next week I sleep pretty much all the time...which brings us to today...Today, I am packing...I am just biting the bullet and getting it done! That way I can spend quality time with my kids! I am going to make this a great week for them. I have to get things together for them to make it easier when we are gone...I am so excited about our trip and bringing our girls home! Our adventure starts Friday...the first time I have left my kids for any length of time...Pray for me and them! More later...

4 comments:

  1. I will try to send my package out on Monday with 2 day priority shipping:-) thanks!!!! So close!!! B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretchen...I will be looking for it! I leave Friday...I am sooooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, no, Happy belated Birthday!!!!
    Sending you prayers and love-you will be holding and hugging those little girls before you know it!

    ReplyDelete